I’m so grateful to announce that the first episode of Chasing Product is now live.
In this episode, Rob Walling shares what he’s learned while making the transition from freelancing to launching bootstrapped products. We spend a bit of time talking about the mental game of a bootstrapper, then move on to marketing for engineers.
Bootstrapped Product Talking Points
- Rob’s take on how long it took for him to “own” his bootstrapper-ship,
- finding people to support & understand your endeavors,
- coming to understand marketing from an engineering background,
- why your freelancer marketing skills probably aren’t good enough even if you have some,
and more, including the story of how Rob acquired (not built!) HitTail (a must for any aspiring bootstrapper who considers buying a bootstrapped product instead of building one) and what’s going on with his latest bootstrapped product, GetDrip.
We finish off with concrete, can-do action items for your own bootstrapped product launch. Would you like to walk away from this podcast with nuts-and-bolts actions you can take to move yourself closer to being able to validate or launch a bootstrapped product? Then hold on all the way through to the end, you’ll definitely learn something.
Proper show notes will be up later.
- Cogeian.com – my consulting firm
- SmallSpec.com – my bootstrapped product. Painless functional specs in minutes, guaranteed.
- SoftwareByRob.com – Rob Walling’s bootstrapped product blog
- StartupsForTheRestOfUs.com – Rob Walling’s bootstrapped product podcast
- GetDrip.com – Rob Walling’s current bootstrapped product. Use email to convert more visitors to customers.
- HitTail.com – Rob Walling’s other current bootstrapped product. Guaranteed to increase your organic search traffic.
Getting this first episode out the door has been a lot of work, and I’m thankful to every guest who agreed to come on & record a show. Look forward to more great guests with more wisdom about releasing a bootstrapped product in the coming weeks.